Work-Trade Internships at Midwest Permaculture
Earn Your PDC
|Current Opportunities: None for now|
Currently there are no 2020 work trade opportunities. With the Covid virus in our midst now we will have to see what we will do in 2021, so please check back or inquire if you are really interested.
Read Coral’s Blog about her Work-Trade Experience – 2018
Three work-traders from 2018. Coral on the right.
|Work /Trade for PDC Course — 4 Weeks|
There is no fee that you need to pay and neither is there a stipend or pay that we provide. You are trading your time for a PDC course valued at $1295 plus whatever hands-on experience you gather.
What We Need
The tasks that work/traders might perform are basic such as gardening, weeding, mulching, feeding chickens, foliar spraying, soil drenching, building upkeep, hands-on natural building, etc. — basically, anything that we need to get done to provide our educational trainings and move our permaculture projects forward. We will never ask people to do work that we are not willing to do ourselves. Only some of the work might be considered novel or ‘real’ permaculture work. As you will learn from us, any PDC course or your own actual permaculture project, it is usually about 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Work traders are coming to assist us with the perspiration part but if one is observant and inquisitive, they will learn a lot as well.
Work-traders here mixed in with and enjoying the PDC course they earned along with the folks who came for the training.
What You Receive
1. Free tuition to a Midwest Permaculture PDC course (or advanced training if available).
2. Camping space or lodging (shared apartment, maybe private room)
3. Some fresh food right from the gardens when available with a few other items in bulk such as grains, rice, beans, etc. You are responsible for most of your food. We have items to share.
Your big takeaway is a free registration to a Midwest Permaculture PDC. It is priced at $1345 but valued by many graduates as being worth twice that. (their words, not ours)
Also, you’ll be working with Bill and Becky in Stelle, IL, along with other team members on a real permaculture project.
~ Minimum of 18 years of age
~ Have good health and able to work
~ And bring these 10 qualities that require zero experience or talent!
1. Being on Time
2. Good Work Ethic
3. Honest Effort
4. Body Language
5. Positive Energy
6. Friendly Attitude
7. Being Coachable
8. Doing Extra
9. Being Prepared
10. Shared Passion
Apply by filling out this application form and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Call Becky at 815-256-2215
Sequence of Events
1. Fill out application and send in.
2. We review and if we are interested we check your references. Either way we will get back to you.
3. If we think their might be a fit we will arrange a telephone interview with you.
4. If all goes well you will be invited to participate and together, we confirm the dates for your work/study.
Doing one of the daily chores
Download the Application Here
and email to Becky@MidwestPermaculture.com