Work-Trade Internships at Midwest Permaculture
Earn Your PDC
|Current Opportunities: None for now|
Our 2019 season is over as we go into hibernation here (read ‘rest’). As soon as we map out our 2020 schedule we will post the work-trade options for the coming year.
Read Coral’s Blog about her Work-Trade Experience – 2018
Three work-traders from 2018. Coral on the right.
|Work /Trade for PDC Course — 4 Weeks|
There is no fee that you need to pay and neither is there a stipend or pay that we provide. You are trading your time for a PDC course valued at $1295 plus whatever hands-on experience you gather.
~ Minimum of 18 years of age
~ Have good health
~ And bring these 10 qualities that require zero experience or talent!
1. Being on Time
2. Good Work Ethic
3. Honest Effort
4. Body Language
5. Positive Energy
6. Friendly Attitude
7. Being Coachable
8. Doing Extra
9. Being Prepared
10. Shared Passion
We found the above list on a wall at Foundation Farm in Arkansas. Many thanks to Patrice Gros.
Work-traders here mixed in with and enjoying the PDC course they earned along with the folks who came for the training.
What You Receive
1. Free tuition to a Midwest Permaculture PDC course (or advanced training if available).
2. Camping space or lodging (shared apartment, maybe private room)
3. Some fresh food right from the gardens when available with a few other items such as grains, rice, beans, etc. You are responsible for most of your food. We have items to share.
What We Need
The tasks that work/traders might perform are basic such as gardening, weeding, mulching, feeding chickens, foliar spraying, soil drenching, building upkeep, hands-on natural building, etc. — basically, anything that we need to get done to provide our educational trainings and move our permaculture projects forward. We will never ask people to do work that we are not willing to do ourselves. Only some of the work might be considered ‘permaculture’ related.
Your big take-away is a free registration to a Midwest Permaculture PDC. It is priced at $1295 but valued by many graduates as being worth twice that. (their words, not ours)
Also, you’ll be working with Bill and Becky in Stelle, IL, along with other team members on a real permaculture project.
Apply by filling out this application form and emailing to email@example.com
Questions? Call Becky at 815-256-2215
Sequence of Events
1. Fill out application and send in.
2. We review and if we are interested we check your references. Either way we will get back to you.
3. If we think their might be a fit we will arrange a telephone interview with you.
4. If all goes well you will be invited to participate and together, we confirm the dates for your work/study.
Doing one of the daily chores
Download the Application Here
and email to Becky@MidwestPermaculture.com