Property Design Mini-Course (PDMC)
What is Covered in These 6 Rich Recorded Sessions?
- Principles of permaculture
- Designing by The Scale of Permanence
- Accessing online site data
- Transforming yard into productive space
- Getting creative with capturing & holding water
- Building for the long-term future
- Creating our own digital designs
- The real source of abundance
- Understanding contour lines and water flow
- Building and using an A-Frame
- To swale or not to swale
- Percolation tests
- Multiple rainwater harvesting techniques
- Designing in wooded areas
- Natural swimming pool
- Greenhouse benefits and modifications
- Permaculture plant list
- Tree guilds
- Genetic potential of plants
- Foliar spraying
- The key to great soil
- Trace minerals
- Soil drenching
- Miracle farms
- Assessing the practical use of swales and keylining
- Orchards and food forests
- Small livestock raising for multiple yields
- Small ponds
- Creating your framework homestead permaculture design
- Locating the Key-Point and the Key-Line
- High intensity grazing operation of larger livestock
- Efficiency. Profitability. Long-term Development
- A deeper look at energy and infrastructure design
- Creating your framework small-farm permaculture design
Here are Samples of the Lesson Materials we Share During Each Session
Included with each package is our 'Site Data & Digital Design Tutorial
Why this course?
We'll Explore Other Student's Real Design Projects
Enjoy the recorded webinars as Bill Wilson and Megan Christian walk everyone through the design process and conclude in the later sessions by looking at students’ actual designs. Bill, Meg, and some of the other students brainstorm various ideas and suggest what changes the student might make to their design. This is not design theory or exercises. There are real people, with real property, with tangible goals, who have laid out their best design work gleaned from the multiple PDMC sessions and accompanying resources.
How to Access the Course After Ordering?
Once you purchase the course, you can access it by logging in. The course can be accessed in the menu under “My Account”. If you later decide you would benefit from the 5th or 6th sessions you can always add them on at the regular price.
Would you like us to review your design work?
Add On a Private Consultation with Bill & Meg
After you have gone through the training, gathered up your own site data, and come up with your best design ideas, we’d be happy to give you our thoughts and ideas for your project with a private consultation over Zoom.
Residential Design – Up to 1 Hour $250
Homestead Design (1-10 acres) – Up to 1.5 Hours $325
Small Farm Design (over 10 acres) – Up to 2 Hours $400
You can purchase the consultation time either now (when you register) or later after you have finished this self-guided journey. There is no price penalty for waiting. Securing a consultation later can be done on the actual course page as you get toward the end of the training. You’ll find it. Or, just email Megan at .