Why a ‘Vision’ is part of this Permaculture Design
Every permaculture design begins with the vision that the owner or owners have for the property. We will end up with quite different designs for the same piece of property should one owner have the vision of creating a pick-your-own fruit operation where another wants to create a healthy and safe environment for aging horses. Some elements will be the same – many others will be different.
Here are the sorts of questions we will ask an owner(s) when starting a permaculture design for their property:
- What is your vision for the land over the next 5 years, 15 years, 30 years, 60 years, etc.
- What do you expect or need from the land?
- Food (how much of annual consumption?)
- Some income?
- A lot of income?
- Family stability?
- (List all others)
- Will the focus be on buildings, plants, animals, agroforestry, education or something else?
- Does the vision include the public? In what ways?
- What resources are available (labor, design talent, experience, equipment, money, etc.)
- Is developing a piece of property really what you want to do with your time and money (your life energy)? How does this fit into your life’s work?
Continue reading “CSC Vision for Property”