This post is made by one of our students as part of her PDC Home Correspondence Course.
Here is a list of Internet databases and other resources that I’ve found helpful in identifying plants and their potential uses in permaculture designs.
- Dave’s Garden PlantFiles: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/
- Multilingual Multiscript Plant Name Database: http://www.plantnames.unimelb.edu.au/
- The Plant List: http://www.theplantlist.org/
- University of Connecticut Plant Database (trees, shrubs and vines): http://www.hort.uconn.edu/plants/
- U.S. Department of Agriculture PLANTS Database: http://plants.usda.gov
North American native plants
- North American Native Plant Society Database: http://www.nanps.org/plant/plantlist.aspx
- University of Texas, Austin Native Plant Database: http://www.wildflower.org/plants/